This Monday will be the starting week, week zero, for Remicade infusions. Then I will go in week two, six and then every eight weeks unless ill with cold, infection.
To be honest I have little hope that this will help me. Partially this is the pessimistic side of my personality. If a patient was going in, I would be sure it would work. Mayne that's why things don't help me much. But I used to think each new medication would help. I used to think each new diet would help. I used to think each new supplement would help. Really, I feel like all I do is throw my money down a rat hole, out a car window and into a garbage disposal. Nothing has helped me but probiotics a little and fishoil a little. Everything else makes it worse. Diets have done nothing for me except help with weight loss, of which I approve, but no noticeable energy change---and I base this on family reports, as they see changes more than I ever will. Herbal things just seem to do nothing. I even tried to use old remedies from the 1920s and 1864. No luck there.
It is what it is. I read about the Greeks, thinking it was a stagnation of humors, and something that strangely affected the young, not the old. In 200 AD, a doctor wrote seven books on arthritis, discussing RA as an exhausting, fever ridden,
aching joint with malformation. Not much treatment then.
Let's face it. Telling the body, who missed filtering out self injuring cells, is just broken. I doubt we would ever cure everything. Thousands upon thousands upon millions of people have died of tuberculosis. We treat that now face the HIV plague. We have a coronavirus scaring everyone to death. Our bodies should work. The system should be perfect. But it is not, and perhaps until paradise there is no reason to think that we will manage near perfect health. Just maintaining peace within ourselves during these horrid illnesses, whatever they may be, are what we can do. Easier said than done.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment