I just saw my eye doctor for my every three month OCT exam and health check. The OCT is a retinal-optic channel test, and looks for disintegration.
Up to this point we have been golden. I knew as I took the test, something was a bit off from the tech. I know these people pretty well...I know their hobbies, I know who is married, who has kids, who wants kids. And I am a skilled body language reader.
I have some optic nerve thinning in the right eye. Admittedly this is "trace, trace, TRACE" to quote the doctor. It is so little that in a month I go back for a retest to make sure that this test is right. "Never trust a first test that is funny." He said, which is true. It is not very fear allaying, though, to someone who is terrified of going blind.
Optic nerve thinning can be because of age, neurodegenerative diseases (MS and so on), injury or shock, drinking home made alcohol (yeah, since I won't drink store bought anyway that seems likely) and glaucoma (increased eye pressure).
I have had to use quite a lot of high steroid use over the last three years. Thankfully, it has gone down a bit lately, the least it has been. This has allowed me to VERY slightly increase my light exposure, but not much. I can type for a little bit, maybe half an hour or so a day. I don't know how to make the "white" portions of websites and Word darker to not bother me. Any suggestions, send them my way--I've gotten rid of blue light and dimmed as far as I can go.
I am pretty upset about the eye issue. There are limited things that can be done for these things. It would be a little better if the worst eye was the one that had this nerve thinning. But no, it has cataracts which are making things fuzzy, and the "better" eye has a possible thinning optic nerve.
I just don't know what to do anymore. If I listen to advice from others on medical choices, it will be the wrong choice. If I DON'T listen to medical advice of others, it is the wrong thing to do. I guess it just really doesn't matter. I wish I wasn't have eye issues. I've spent a lifetime afraid of going blind...and it is more of a reality all the time that I could. Pray for me.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment