Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, October 27, 2016

No Control Part 2

I have had people speak to me about being healed, which I love---I agree heartily that God does and will heal. It just is not always when we think it ought to be, much like any hardship or difficulty. 

I feel that I have not learned all that I am to learn from being sick. It is devastating to be ill, to have people not always believe that I feel bad...to lose so much of what I want to do with my life. 
Yet that is part of what I think I need to learn; to let go of the control I "need". 

Needing control in our lives, which we all want, is a form of godhood. We are never really in control of our lives, things happen all the time we do not expect even if it is only running out of gas. We crave control, fight for control, argue to be in control of every aspect of life. We want our dreams, we want our life to be just as we dictate. 

There are more important things than control. We were purchased to be Christ's, not sin's. Remember that we were slaves to sin (slaves to control) and now we are free of sin (control) and belong to Christ. 
Sometimes, quite often actually, we fight the "belonging" to Christ. While sin is dead in us, we resurrect it as frequently as we can. We see the glowing poisonous fruit of sin and walk dumbly towards it. Not surprisingly, the further we get from Christ, the more unhappy we become. We find ourselves without His strength and joy. 

Knowing what one's weakness truly is provides the ability to fight it; the ability to ask God for the strength to give up the sin. Sin is not something we can overcome by ourselves---if we could have done so, we would not have chosen so many years ago to pick the knowledge of good and evil, the shame of shames, the poison of false wisdom. We would have chosen to shun sin, shun the evil one, shun all the false wisdom. 
Knowing one's weakness, what is to be learned or given up, makes the battle easier in a way. There is then a purpose to what one is facing, whatever that might be. 

As I have often said, the most incredible people--to me---are the Christians of some 60+ years. Yes, they sin, but they are so soft, so full of love, kindness, joy, peace. To me they glow with God's presence. Perhaps they really do, and that is a faint example of what Moses looked like in the desert and why he had to veil his face. I digress; they are incredible people of true wisdom---the wisdom that comes only from God. 
I love science articles. I love learning; I would go to college the rest of my life if I physically was well enough and had the means to do so. It fascinates me to learn, to see the wonder of the world. However, the wisdom there is false wisdom. Science constantly amends what it says, constantly changes what is really happening. Archaeologists point out errors in their finds, history has to be re-written. 
There is no error with God. God is true wisdom. The Word says in multiple places that if anyone wants wisdom, he should ask God. And, in my experience, God usually provides it.It just may not "say" what we want it to. See? Everything turns back to control. We want to be the boss--even when we think we are being so pious as to ask God's help.

Really ask God's help. Give it up; give up sin. Oh, it is so hard...Pet-Sin is like a beloved blanket; we want to snuggle it, take it with us everywhere, or hide it so people don't know that we have it (like children outgrowing baby blankets). We carry Pet-Sin everywhere...sometimes even hating it because of the grasp it has on us, but for the most part we don't even realize it is there. I think that is what Jesus meant when He said take the plank out of your own eye---we do not see our own sins in many cases. Often I imagine sin is control in one form or another, so of course we don't see it. We just think we are protecting ourselves.
Ask to see your own sin-I am telling myself this at the same time. It is hard to do.

The wisdom of God is incredible, ask for that, ask for His love and strength. Really it is so much more valuable, beyond worth, than any old, raggedy sin "blanket".

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day