Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, October 7, 2016

Mysteries

I am working my way through a new book. I am not exactly sure I like it fully, and while it's writing sparked this idea, I still am not sure about the book. Somehow it isn't helpful for me, personally, while dealing withhardships. 
I digress. 
My thoughts are about the Garden of Gethsemane, and Christ facing the prayers of the night. 
Here is a Man, knowing His fate, knowing what good will come of it all, the salvation for many beloved. Even an angel came and strengthened Him...and even so, the Man sweat blood, a physiological sign of stress beyond endurance. 
The Man bled in the Garden, with strikes in the face from the Sanhedrine, lashes from the Romans, and the crucifixion itself. No wonder the Man had too little strength to carry His own cross, and died much sooner than ever would be expected without interference from the soldiers. 

He understands the great stress, unhappiness, sorrow, pain, disasters that we are facing. Yet just as He went through the death to end death, we must still face horrors. There is such a depth of "better ending" with hardships we face today that we simply can not see.
How often have you said to yourself "If I only knew why I was going through this. Why I have cancer. Why my child died. Why why why."
It wouldn't be easier, I have discovered. Not necessarily. Perhaps like women face the pain of childbirth "happily" because an infant will be at the end it is possible. But I think that it would not be easier. He knew what would happen, what good it would bring, and yet He sweat blood! Not many of us can claim to have done that. 

Hardships are hard. Beyond words or motions at times. My RA has been devastating to me, ripping me in two practically. I feel as if I could sweat blood from it at times. Yet there is always that sweet whisper about my life. The Words of God float through my heart, His arms hold me close, stroke me as a parent does a sick child. Whatever the reason, we are never alone. If we but reach an immeasurably small amount toward God, crying to be held and comforted, it is done. He Himself was strengthened by an angel.in the Garden ( Luke)...I would imagine the same is done for us when we cry out for help. 
I cannot answer the mysteries of suffering. I just know that eons back, we brought it upon ourselves. And that God created us anyway, knowing we would turn away, planned the perfect salvation...and is letting time "run out". That He never will leave us alone to handle the harsh, sinful world we live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day