Well here I am my readers. I always mean to write and yet it takes great lumps of time before I do.
It's been a funny time for me. After having had a stretch of not feeling well, I am doing some better. The nausea is always the worst part, and it is giving me a break.
I am supposed to see a GI in March. I am curious what they will think of my ideas and symptom list.
I stumbled across a condition or two during continuing education for my RN license.
R-CPD, or retrograde cricopharyngeal dyafunction (see No Burp Organization for more details) is one of them.
I was an exceptionally fussy baby. I was impossible to burp. No amount of jiggling, bouncing and tapping of my back would elicit a response.
As a child, I became aware of the fact that I would be terribly nauseated, feel as if I was going to explode, vomit over everyone any moment---and all because I couldn't burp. It was trapped, somewhere in my chest.
People used to say here, have a soda, but I learned, too, that the worst thing to do if I couldn't burp was to take in more air.
I also have painful hiccups. It can hurt to burp, hurt in my throat to cough, and I have gurgling in my upper throat and chest as the air trapped attempts to escape.
I can burp sometimes. I don't know why I can't othertimes. There isn't any reason to it. Stres can make it worse, but other times I am happily involved in a project all alone and can't possibly have any stress.
At thus point, my nausea will improve if I can burp---up to a good 90% of the time. Prior to my divorce, it didn't matter whether I could or not, the nausea was crushing.
The treatment for R-CPD is botox. So that would be interesting. They have to inject the spasming muscle that allows food and air down to the stomach but not back up.
The other condition is called cyclic vomiting syndrome (see .NORD CVS for more info). It starts at age 4, but can start at any age. It can be linked to marijuana,, but I have never used any so that isn't an issue.
Maybe it is a combo.
I sure hope they do something. My rheumatologists are baffled by the nausea and other symptoms, especially where I am somewhat better.
If I could push through the fatigue and the nausea, I could be back to work. But it always slips back and gets me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment