Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, May 22, 2020

Health Update: Reality Sets In Yet Again

Welcome to the World.
Not really....more like Bette Davis, the classic film star, saying: "Get ready, its going to be a bumpy ride".
My health updates used to be just "RA Update", but as you go along with these conditions, they tend to multiply.
Part of this is because the human embryo develops into three layers, ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm. These three things then grow up and differentiate into more things---the stem cells of  an infant turn on and off certain dna markers to become a liver cell, an eye cell or a joint lining cell. Because of this, my body sees the joint cells and my eye cells as intruding enemies. Who knows what it will pick next.
I have had to use steroid eye drops for my anterior uveitis (aka, iritis). There is a LOT of confusion about this to other people. My eyes are nearly constantly being attacked, especially the iris, the colored part of the eye, and the muscles about it and the lens. As the iris contracts and dilates with its swollen, irritated self, it grinds at the white blood cells "fighting", causing more irritation. The squashed white blood cells burst, leaking contents about, the muscle cells erupt, dumping contents. These proteins floating about, will lead to a worsening of my eye condition. My light sensitivity is NOT worsened by my wearing dark glasses all the time. In fact, I have been ordered TO wear them, as not wearing them will guarantee a worsening of my conditions.
However, along with the dark glasses, I HAVE to use steroid eye drops. If I don't, I will go blind faster. The cell contents dumped will cause my eye outlets to be plugged, increasing eye pressure and crushing my retina/optic nerve, plus other damage done from crazed immune cells. If I use steroids, I can slow this, though the steroids "can" cause increased pressures---which I have had minor issues with. The steroids can also cause cataracts. My worst eye has had cataract for a while now.
The cataract is bad enough now that I need surgery---I cannot see clearly more than about 6 inches in front of me. It is better news that some things could be, and there is also a decreased chance of my facing glaucoma (increased eye pressure) after having the cataract surgery. No, I don't want it, but after facing the ideas that have terrified me overnight, I am glad that it is such a minor thing.
Again, dear reader, hold me in your prayers. My run in the race is as slow as crawling on the ground, bleeding and sore; my heart is weary, and my soul is tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day