Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, March 25, 2019

Hello Again

Hello my reader. This is the sickest I have been in a long while. I'd have to admit I was basically bed bound before February, but after the incredible pain of February (and to be honest, the great discomfort of January, December and November), I have spent most of my day in bed, and, as my previous posts stated, in the dark. 
I try and get up and sit in a chair--in fact my daily goal is to spend all day sitting in a chair, and has been these past four and a half years. I haven't driven a car in about eight months, now, not that I drove much anyway, but now I really can't drive. I can't take stretching and reaching as you would with a car.  Even reaching for a book or something can cause problems, though that is less likely now than it was, thank the Lord.
My sisters have had to take up the gauntlet and drive me (and my parents) to various doctor appointments. Some of those rides have been agony. I sit in the backseat, with about five pillows, which I organize into various positions to stand the ride to the doctor, and then shift them as needed. My husband gave me a portable DVD player for Christmas, which has a longer battery life than my old one, and it has been great. When the ribs start squeezing in on my lungs and intestines, I can turn that on and try to zone out away from the pain. I can't say it works every time, but it works better than in February. Oh.
At least I have gone nearly a month with just minor "fits". Times I have to go lay down (if possible), but I am not writhing in agony, debating screaming, or stating over and over and over again "Oh, God" as some sort of strange prayer/begging for relief. 
I have debated over these last few months as to what the point of all this was (or is, depending on if this is going away), since I always feel things happen for a reason. Is it a witness that my faith remains? Is it for me alone? 
I don't know, but then, it is possible this is too close--I know that some of the things that happened to me had a place for outward reach and assistance, as well as a personal strengthening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day