Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Saturday, March 10, 2018

RA Post: Long Stretch

This has sure been one of the longer stretches of my being sick. On the plus side, my iritis has eased off enough that I merely have to limit light and be "careful" to wear sunglasses outside. I mainly haven't had to wear then 24/7 as I had been doing. That is a major plus, I really cannot describe how painful and how difficult it was to wear sunglasses all the time. Reading anything was terribly impossible, as it increased my eye discomfort.
I still am having so much issue with feeling very nauseated, spells of being absolutely exhausted--but it is the sick/nausea part that is the most trying. 

At this point, I am nearing one month of basically solid illness, though I have not been doing well since about December. Same old story every year, seems to be. I am getting to where I hate Fall and Winter, even though before all this all seasons were my favorite. 
Illness has a way of making so much of life negative. And illness has a way of making so much of life positive. I certainly think about how lucky I am to have a safe, warm (and best yet, cold when I need it to be) house, safe people to help me, and kind, patient friends who "wait" for weeks to months between my feeling like visiting. 
I am negative about my ability to do what I want to do, the things I am missing out on...and the weather. I never really cared what the weather was, because I saw beauty in it almost always. Now I see clouds and damp with dread--at some point I will feel worse with those two things. 
Hopefully summer comes soon and lasts long. Oh, how I should move to a warmer, drier country than here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day