Walk with me today.
I wake up. There is the more often than not 10-15 minute period where I almost always feel good. Don't hurt, don't feel sick. I stand up, the spell breaks. I have building pain, and I climb the stairs. No stiffness today, no walking in cement to my neck. Pain mild. No nausea. A good day, the first in a while...if it lasts. First thing of the day, sit on a recliner, take some meds, wait for the signal that nausea is going to hold back--or the more mild "ill-at-ease" I don't feel well, but can't explain it but if i do anything I will be sick sensation.
When the all clear shows itself, I clear the sink. I sit down again. I wash my hair in the sink, because my body can't take the shower and hair wash. One or the other, kid.
I sit down. Contemplate Petticoat Junction, my latest TV series. I read some nurse continuing education, and boy will I be the widest read nurse ever. After reading several papers, it begins to be extremely tiring---difficult-- to concentrate, to understand what I am reading. I put aside the computer.
The nieces stop by. I have no kids, want kids, but am so sick I have no idea how i would care for them. I struggle their entire visit to be entertaining and involved, figuring this is as close as I will get. The strain is building on me, my fever raises, my brilliant red cheeks flame brighter, and energy shows at an all time low.
The kids leave again, I sink into my recliner, exhausted after these few hours of talking and watching a movie with them. I try to read but my mind won't have it--besides, my left eye is beginning to ache, flinching in the light. I dread if an iritis flare is building.
I've not eaten today, I've not felt hungry. I decide to eat, and become sick. I sit for a few minutes; is this a sick i can deal with, or one that will just get worse and worse and worse unless i lay down and don't move?
The latter. I stagger to my bed, stomach twisting and lurching. I lay on the cold layers of foam and feel such relief at that chill the cold bed gives me. Nausea comes and goes in waves.
An hour later i feel drawn and tired, exhausted further by the depths of sick I felt. I take my evening meds.
I wait for sleep to come to me...for as tired as I am, sleep is often elusive.....
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment