Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, September 28, 2018

Hot and Tired

Oh dear. I certainly haven't been writing nearly as much as I intend to. I am working on another John section, but had to stop because I couldn't think.
On Simponi now, with a methotrexate kicker. My family say that I am more tired than I was, but perhaps less bad nausea than before. Joints have been very hot, fevers are still there nearly every day at one point or another. Feel exhausted, sometimes needing up to 3 naps a day, plus sleeping at night, and dealing with the inability to think in depth about things--like the John study and answering any questions I have as I go. 
I feel stupid now, and super warm; my cheeks are bright red and burning. It is so hard to think. 
Been watching a lot of TV shows. More, really, than I want to, but lets face it, thinking is easier with a tv show than a book. 
I will recommend The Paradise tv show, BBC, about a department store in the late 1800s. Pretty clean show, though they do mention such things as mistresses and a gay woman enters the show once--there are no actual sex scenes, so that gives you a basis to go off of. There is a book, which I read, but I was very disappointed in it. The book was translated from the French, so I don't know if that is what messed with the tone of the book, but it seems wrong for the era. It too was written in the late 1800s, based on research of real stores at the time (Le Bon Marche), but it is the strangest 1880s book I have ever read---doesn't "sound" right at all. It could have been a wonderful book, and was interesting, but was just....dry, somehow. The life wasn't real, like so many old books will have. Anyway, one can certainly read The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola (1883) if they like--it was interesting, just not quite as good as it could be. 
Also reading my favorite Andre Norton sci-fi books again. It is nice to escape my world into the world of others. 
Working on and off with my own book, which I will not divulge the topic here---cannot give away all my secrets to my limited internet readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day