I have been having a really hard time lately. The addition of iritis some six months ago has made things seem dark and gloomy in my heart. See what iritis is all about here
I am never a very optimistic person about myself, whereas I am usually optimistic about everyone else. As it is, I am waiting for the next shoe to drop. What disease process next? What else will happen that is terrible?
This, of course, is not a good thought process to have, and is not recommended by the Bible. Christ tells us not to worry about tomorrow, yet I am an excellent worrier. I am trying to get it under control, to dwell more in God's light than my own miserable darkness.
Since the iritis is an "eye thing", that makes it worse. I hate eye things, or the idea of going blind---which is a possibility, since it has to do with my RA, and its lack of complete remission. I feel as if I am scrabbling at the edge of a ravine, trying to stay standing upright, not bowled over by the winds of ill health, depression, personal disasters and crisis. I want to slow time, to try and get a chance to stand up, but I keep being rebuffed by the swirling winds about me.
I know I am not alone in this battle, God is very near me, not leaving me to fight this battle against my body alone. But I still have been having a really hard time standing up to the storm in my heart over this battle. What I would give to wake up and find this whole time had been a nightmare. That at least the eye problem would go away, settle down, and be a forgotten memory.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment