I am still so tickled at the Greek word sozo. See more.
I love the mental idea of salvation being a healing. It only makes sense. Without God, without His Spirit with us, we are walking dead, no hope, wounded beyond all treatment, sick beyond all care.
Oh, that this word is the root of savior, of rescuing, of healing! It gives me such a thrill to think of salvation as healing. I never considered salvation, the covering of our sins as a healing. Better than healing, even.
Consider 2 Cor 5.17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!NIV
When we accept that great gift if salvation, such healing, redemption, rescuing occurs that we who were are no more---instead becoming alive! We walk with the Spirit of God within us, a totally changed person.
Every new trial is a chance for healing, rescuing. Every time a hardship comes, it strips more of the sick part of us away. Fires are needed to make certain plants start to grow from seeds. Because we love in a fallen world, fires will come and hit us, or those we love. Such as this never seems fair, and it is puzzling that God lets it happen. Yet for all His allowing this or that terrible trial to happen, He is there to rescue and heal as best as is needed for that time and place; giving strength, peace, joy even and glory to Him!
He never leaves or forsakes us. He paid a great price, more than we can comprehend, to save us, heal our broken spirits and sin filled hearts. He paid so much. So so much.
I am healed. I love that. I still have RA. I still have iritis. I still have sickness and pain. Fear at times. But I am healed because i am saved. He has rescued me from the loneliness of a lost soul, the terror of not being with Him in eternity. He has healed me of a sick, sin filled heart and poisoned mind of selfishness and wickedness. So by Him, I am healed, I am rescued, and such thoughts bring joy to my heart in the midst of all else.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment