Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, April 26, 2019

More Diagnoses On Top of More Diagnoses

Over the last six months I have had more diagnoses added than I would certainly like.
My readers may be aware of the more obvious ones, rheumatoid arthritis being in the title. I also have psoriatic arthritis, a close "relative" of RA, if you will, with fibromyalgia and my anterior uveitis rounding out the roll call list.
I have had added since then:
chronic costochondritis, a painful rib condition which aches, rubs, stabs, and makes breathing difficult, especially as one gets more tired or is in more pain.
central sensitization: honestly I am a little confused by this one, as the descriptions sound so like fibromyalgia, but whatever. Basically, as in fibro, your brain and nerves are ultra sensitive to pain sensations. Again, I don't quite get the difference, but whatever.
and lastly, I think I have Degenerative Disc Disease, as my MRI (that I got to wait forever for) shows mild (thankfully) disc dissection. This is basically a drying out of the disc between the vertebrae. Mine is at level T 10-T 11, so that includes the last three or four ribs--also explaining why my ribs hurt so bad in February. ( Disc Dissecation) ( Degenerative Disc Disease).
I also have mild disc compression in nearly all my cervical vertebrae.

I can try exercise to strengthen my back muscles to see if that helps--and I have an appointment with a physiatrist in about three weeks---been waiting two months for that one. So maybe they will have some ideas on getting the tendency towards pain down.

I just found out about my MRI today...and I have to say it has been a bad day for me. My heart is so heavy. Yes, it is all mild. But I am a pessimist for myself. I look at this news and think to myself what will I be like in another ten years? Will I even be able to walk--assuming the discs gave way completely? I can barely stand to ride in a car to these appointments, never mind driving on my own. I have driven less than a mile a couple of times, and my back does not take kindly to the bouncing.
I know, I know, I can hear so many people telling me to not be negative, or not to worry, or whatever.
The thing is, ever diagnosis is a mourning process. Every diagnosis, when chronically ill smacks you over the head, saying, HEY! Did you maybe manage to forget your illnesses? Cuz here's another one! So it basically makes you mourn EVERY diagnosis over again. And, adding them up, makes life seem even more hopeless for following one's dreams.
I am mourning so many dreams and hopes that seem too far from my reach at this point...Every diagnosis is a hard hit. Especially if your other diagnoses were already making life difficult, getting more that make it more difficult is not a happy day. Today was not a good day, and I doubt that tomorrow is, either, just because I have to cry several more times before its ok. Until the next time I realize how little I can do...and how little other people understand what trying to live a "real" life is like...and what missing out on everything you want to do is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day