Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

RA and Iritis Post: Updates

I am still having trouble with my eyes. They get worse, I up my steroid drops. They get better, I slowly drop the number of eye drops I use. They get worse, I up my steroid drops. They get better, I lessen the number of steroid drops. It is an awful pain, and it hurts in several different ways, sometimes all at once. 
There is a time when the only pain I feel is a dull ache in the iris itself. Then there are times when the whole front of my eye aches, and a few times when it aches to move my eyes. The doctor says its from the irritation/swelling, and the pull of the tendons causes that pain. The worse is when my eyes have a stabbing pain, sort of similar to biting your lip, and then having the headache---which reaches from the forehead to below my nose. That is so miserable, and nothing helps much at that point. Well, actually at that point in the past I have gone and gotten oral steroids because I am often already up to 8 drops a day. 
I don't know. Somehow my specialists don't seem very concerned, while my local PCPs and eye doctor are very concerned. I know that I don't have as bad of a case as I could...but it is still incredibly painful. 
The last two days I have had terrible insomnia. Tonight is worse, because I am so tired my eyes keep closing, but I only go to sleep for about ten minutes. I am suspecting it is related to pain, pain just bad enough to make me uncomfortable, without being terrible pain. The weather is turbulent tonight. It periodically rains very hard, and then is calm. Right before the rains start I definitely feel pain and I am very uncomfortable. Once the rain stops it calms down and is fine. 
I see the rheumatologist I don't like next week. I have to find out if my old one has gotten my papers to go back to him. This new one thinks everything that is wrong with me is heat rash. I asked about the bumps on my arms that have spread since I got sick from just above the elbow to above the shoulder, and which get very red before my RA gets worse. He says it is heat rash, which makes no sense as I live in the coldest room of the house. Then I started getting this very itchy rash about my eye lids. I sent photos in, because it changes so fast---one day the rash is there, three days later it might have faded. He said that was heat rash too. 
What??

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day