Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Gnat Wings

To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy which so powerfully works in me. Col 1.29

My labors have changed numerous times over my short lifetime. There was a time when my labor to attend college or any social event was astronomical----I never thought I would reach a point of battling beyond that struggle, and while it is a real evil presence still in my life, it is more like an occasional ey twitch than a never ending cancer. 
While Paul's writing at this time would show more the battling gain in the growth of numbers for Christ, we should remember that whatever battle we are facing at the moment (no matter how private) can, and I believe will, be used for the glory of our Lord and Savior. 
My same opening example of terrifying fear has been a great tool. I have become a more willing speaker on anxiety and depression, which then makes me a 'safe' person to talk to about such topics. I do not think, of course, that God sends fear to us, but I do know that by going through that experience, (and occasionally continuing) it makes one very humble. No longer can we "fool" ourselves into thinking we can do it all.  Or even do it some. Or really quite frankly do anything. 
A.W.Tozer speaks on our pride being what made/makes us gods. He is very right---think of the many times we all feel stress building over the various things in our lives. We generally hunker down, half heartedly praying for help. Would you help someone who really did not want your help? Thank the Lord He is the Lord! He will help anyway! 
However---and a big howver---that help is no where near as welcome or felt as when a crisis hits. When we have let our pride-god little selves run the world (and so very well, too), it will fall into a million pieces, 
I did not ask God for the help I needed with terror until it was absolutely unmanageable. While the terror remained strong, I can certainly tell you one thing: Our God is so much stronger than fear. Incredibly so. Because of that I can justify very strongly how the demons reacted before Jesus Christ. The terror they felt before the calm demenour of the King. That is power. 
Thus we should lean on God for everything. For just as He has power over fear, He has power over sickness and death. There is a verse in Revelations I read just last night. He holds the keys to death and Hades. Again, that is power. What have we to worry about? Let us strive on, His energy, power, being filling us. For these times of suffering are but a gnat's wingspead in comparison to the glories we shall see at His feet.
Hope we are all there soon, grace and peace be upon you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day